Artic Gear Checklist
* Down parka with fur trimmed hood and down wind pants
* Warm mittens, large enough for inner gloves, heavy woolen shooting gloves
* Face mask and tinted snowmobile goggles (to avoid frostbite and snow blindness)
* Fur hat with flaps that tie down around ears and back of neck. You can also use for sleeping.
* The warmest boots made by Cabellas, Timberline or Northern Outfitters. Boots designed for extreme cold with insulated liners. EXTRA LINERS!
* Heavy sweater or ski-jacket for around camp
Camp boots, easy to put on and pull off, for around camp
* Pure wool or wool/polypropylene long-handle underwear
* 4 or 5 pairs heavy wool socks, 4-5 pairs thinner wool socks
* Pair heavy wool pants and 2 heavy wool shirts
* A down-filled sleeping bag rated for –40F and set of wool, long underwear for sleeping
* Sharp knife and sharpening steel
* High-quality binoculars
* Soft-padded gun case for the sled
* High-powered rifle with 30-40 rounds. (300 magnum with 220 grain bullets recommended)
ALWAYS check with your guide / outfitter for their recommendation on what gear you will need for the location you will be in.
GOOD HUNTING......Backcountry Taxidermy